Sick of Stress? How to Ransom a Kidnapped Life *
Description: Over 90% of Americans deal ineffectively with stress. Mismanaged stress saps our energy and decreases our performance, while chronic buildup of mismanaged “hassle” stress results in the lifestyle diseases (e.g., heart disease, cancer, strokes and auto-immune disorders) that comprise today’s leading causes of death and disability. This presentation provides opportunities to integrate new forms of thought in order to transform our response to daily stressors.
- Increase awareness of the links between stress, anxiety, energy, health and performance.
- Reflect upon instances of mismanaged hassle stress in your own life.
- Differentiate between reactive, automatic judgment-based responses and responsive, solution-seeking learning-based responses to stressful events.
- Identify specific areas of stress in your own life.
- Design preliminary strategies to minimize the impact of your own daily hassle stress.
* Available within 30-90 minute presentation format (live, tele-conference or webinar) or half-day/full-day (in-person) workshops.